Thursday, December 10, 2009

Disneyland Disneyland Disneyland

Yesterday we went to Disneyland. We all had so much fun but with two small children.. well a toddler and a baby it can be exhausting!! Here are the highlights;

Around Two o'clock there was a parade/steam boat show for the upcoming movie The Princess and the Frog. There was all kinds of music and dancing and Riley just loved it. She was on Mikes shoulders so she would have a good view but she wanted down to dance. So here is my little two year old dancing away and she looks over her shoulder and sees this lady. Well truth be told she looked fairly young so maybe she was a "girl". Whatever. Anyway, Riley looks at her and says, "Come on! Dance!". Then Riley would dance for about 30 seconds and turn around and tell her to dance again. And again. And again. It was soo adorable. She had us all laughing. And, finally, after asking a fair few times, the girl DID dance.

Once upon a time, a very good friend of mine, and HUGE Disney fan told me that he just loves being at Dinseyland. He doesn't even need to go on rides it is just the atmosphere. I didn't understand it then but I definitely do now. I think we rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh and Mike and Riley rode the roller coaster in Toon Town. Riley LOVES Tigger. And because of this love for Tigger, we rode Winnie the Pooh...FIVE times. We went once in the afternoon and then moved on. But after the parade at night, she asked to go on again. We made our way to the ride and when we got there, Logan was asleep. I sat with Logan and Mike took Riley on the ride. After they got off, Riley came to me and said, "Again, mommy?" And really, how was I going to resist?? So I took her... twice. Then Mike took her again. I think it is safe to say that Winnie the Pooh is her FAVORITE ride.

It was parade time on Main street and Mike had Riley on his shoulders and I had Logan on my hip. Of course Riley was dancing and pointing out her favorite characters (Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Tigger and Pooh). There were all kinda of dancers that would come and go. These dancers were obviously Logan's favorite. At one point, he was stretched out so far toward them I almost had trouble with balance! It was definately a very successful trip to the happiest place on earth!

And, in other news, Logan's second tooth came in!

0 comments: